Ginetta is an exciting and dynamic company that has grown to become one of the most significant players on the global motorsport scene.
Based in Leeds, Ginetta has been building British road and race cars since 1958. In 2005, the company was purchased by LNT Group, which consists of Healthcare, Construction, Chemicals, Automotive and Software companies, under the guidance of Chairman and founder Lawrence Tomlinson.
Since then, ‘The British Motorsport Company’ has enjoyed rapid expansion; scaling up production to support global exports, running multiple successful domestic championships and expanding its offering with supporting brands including Want2race, Blyton Park and Sim Track.
About the role:
We are looking to recruit a Junior Automotive Wiring Technician to join our growing electrical department. Although predominantly team based, you must also have the ability to work on your own with the flexibility to meet deadlines.
As a Ginetta Wiring Technician, you will be working to produce wiring looms & harnesses for a number of high-end road and race cars, whilst paying particular attention to the packaging and integration of electrical systems onto the vehicles to optimise performance.
The successful candidate will:
Have a background in electronics, preferred but not essential. Any experience/competencies in other aspects of automotive manufacture also beneficial.
Under the mentorship and experienced guidance of our senior staff, this is the perfect opportunity for a graduate to begin their career in a forward thinking, fast paced, multi-faceted automotive manufacturer.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Great attention to detail and ability to work to tight tolerances
- Ability to follow work instructions and read technical/electrical drawings
- Strong analytical skills and ability to diagnose and problem solve
- Have good hand dexterity and ability to use a wide range of tools
- Self-motivated and have the ability to work autonomously under pressure
- Have the ability of meeting targets and work in a fast-paced industry
- Be approachable & have a willingness to develop and learn
- Excellent team spirit and work ethic
- General good housekeeping ethic & abide to Health & Safety policies
Salary will be dependent upon previous experience (if any).
Opportunities for career progression within the department and the wider business are possible
In return we offer a great place to work with great benefits including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 4-weekly pay (13 pay days per year)
- Free on-site parking
- Pension contribution
- Free on-site Gym
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Uniform/PPE provided