Ginetta is an exciting and dynamic company that has grown to become one of the most significant players on the global motorsport scene.
Based in Leeds, Ginetta has been building British road and race cars since 1958. In 2005, the company was purchased by LNT Group, which consists of Construction, Chemicals, Automotive and Software companies, under the guidance of Chairman and founder Lawrence Tomlinson.
Since then, ‘The British Motorsport Company’ has enjoyed rapid expansion; scaling up production to support global exports, running multiple successful domestic championships and expanding its offering with supporting brands including Want2race, Blyton Park and Sim Track.
About the role:
Ginetta is looking for a Technical Buyer.
As a Technical Buyer for Production, you will be responsible for the end to end purchasing process. You will communicate with suppliers for car parts maintaining a high level of admin accuracy and attention to detail with a focus on ensuring technical details are upheld throughout. Using initiative to solve technical detail queries is of great importance within this role.
Your key responsibilities include:
- To ensure that all up-to-date files and information are provided to the supplier before making a purchase.
- Using initiative to ensure the detail of technical parts is clearly communicated to the supplier.
- Reporting to the Operations Manager on urgent order status.
- Build a strong and extensive supplier database, establishing strong relationships to ensure that best service levels and prices are achieved
- Sourcing new suppliers when required, completing necessary supplier assessments beforehand
- Regularly assessing supply chain processes and suppliers to identify areas of improvement
- Utilising volume orders to gain leverage on supplier pricing
- Ensuring that supply chain actions are in line with project timeframes and business requirements
- Analysing market prices to ensure value for money
Desirable Skills and Abilities :
- Competent in using Sage 200
- Background in Automotive, Motorsport or Manufacturing industries
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Well established experience in buying / procurement in engineering / manufacturing
In return we offer a great place to work with great benefits including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 4-weekly pay (13 pay days per year)
- Free on-site parking
- Pension contribution
- Free on-site Gym
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave