Junior Engine Builder
Ginetta is an exciting and dynamic company that has grown to become one of the most significant players on the global motorsport scene.
Based in Leeds, Ginetta has been building British road and race cars since 1958. In 2005, the company was purchased by LNT Group, which consists of Construction, Chemicals, Automotive and Software companies, under the guidance of Chairman and founder Lawrence Tomlinson.
Since then, ‘The British Motorsport Company’ has enjoyed rapid expansion; scaling up production to support global exports, running multiple successful domestic championships and expanding its offering with supporting brands including Want2race, Blyton Park and Sim Track.
About the role:
We are currently looking to recruit a Junior Engine Shop Builder who will be a key asset to the department, assisting in the three main engine platforms as part of our growing team in Garforth. The successful applicant will provide attention to detail in a variety of disciplines required to take an engine from component level to production line and be assembly ready.
As a Junior Engine Builder, it will be your job to:
- Follow established safety procedures.
- Follow established build processes.
- Keep to an established level of component cleanliness.
- Work in and help to maintain a good level of cleanliness within the department.
- Communicate and resolve quality issues as they arise
- Monitor and plan ahead for production schedules
- Ensure stock is correctly logged throughout the system
The successful candidate will:
- Have attention to detail
- Work in a structured and well-planned way
- Show drive for continuous self-improvement
- Have excellent time keeping
- Maintaining professional and smart appearance
- Show hands-on ability and an engineering interest.
- Indicate a good level of understanding of an internal combustion engine architecture and how one works.
- At least 4 GCSE passes are required.
- A degree in engineering would be desirable.
- An understanding of the Motorsport would be advantageous although not essential.
In return we offer a great place to work with great benefits including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 4-weekly pay (13 pay days per year)
- Free on-site parking
- Pension contribution
- Free on-site Gym
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave