Ginetta is an exciting and dynamic company that has grown to become one of the most significant players on the global motorsport scene.
Based in Leeds, Ginetta has been building British road and race cars since 1958. In 2005, the company was purchased by LNT Group, which consists of Construction, Chemicals, Automotive and Software companies, under the guidance of Chairman and founder Lawrence Tomlinson.
Since then, ‘The British Motorsport Company’ has enjoyed rapid expansion; scaling up production to support global exports, running multiple successful domestic championships and expanding its offering with supporting brands including Want2race, Blyton Park and Sim Track.
Ginetta is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer. Could it be you?
- Mechanical design and 3D modelling of all areas of road and race vehicles including but not limited to suspension, cooling, chassis, bodywork and drivetrain installation.
- Creation of 2D drawings for manufacture of machined, fabricated and composite components/assemblies.
- Build support (prototype and production)
- Assembly tooling design
- BOM creation and management
- Liaising with internal and external suppliers to ensure design intent is realised.
- Experience in automotive/motorsport or similar industry
- CATIA V5 and/or SolidWorks experience
- Excellent GD&T knowledge
- Ability to perform hand calculations
- Knowledge of applicable, cost effective manufacturing methods
- Experience of designing composite components and tooling beneficial.
- CATIA V5 Generative Surface / Generative Shape Design experience would be advantageous.
- Team player both in the design team and company as a whole
- Have great engineering perception and problem solving skills
- Well-motivated with good self-management skills
- Strong attention to detail
In return we offer a great place to work with great benefits including:
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- 4-weekly pay (13 pay days per year)
- Free on-site parking
- Pension contribution
- Free on-site gym
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
Download the Mechanical Design Engineer application form – PDF Application Form .doc Application Form
When completed, email to firstname.lastname@example.org