Ginetta is an exciting and dynamic company that has grown to become one of the most significant players on the global motorsport scene.
Based in Leeds, Ginetta has been building British road and race cars since 1958. In 2005, the company was purchased by LNT Group, which consists of Construction, Chemicals, Automotive and Software companies, under the guidance of Chairman and founder Lawrence Tomlinson.
Since then, ‘The British Motorsport Company’ has enjoyed rapid expansion; scaling up production to support global exports, running multiple successful domestic championships and expanding its offering with supporting brands including Want2race, Blyton Park and Sim Track.
About the role:
We are looking to recruit a Junior Assembly Engineer to join our growing manufacturing plant.
As a Junior Assembly Engineer, you will be producing from component form a number of high-performance GT and Prototype race cars. All cars must be assembled to the highest possible standards, paying particular attention to consistent quality, testing & inspection whilst maintaining a well-ordered workspace.
A background in manufacturing/assembly is preferred, and any experience/competencies within the automotive industry would be beneficial. Having a genuine interest in Motorsport is also recommended. Under the mentorship and experienced guidance of our senior staff, this is the perfect opportunity to begin a career in a forward thinking, fast paced, multi-faceted automotive manufacturer.
Your key skills:
- Great attention to detail and ability to work to tight tolerances
- Ability to follow work instructions and read technical drawings
- Strong analytical skills and ability to diagnose and problem solve
- Have good hand dexterity and ability to use a wide range of tools
- Self-motivated and have the ability to work autonomously under pressure
- Have the ability of meeting targets and work in a fast-paced industry
- Be approachable & have a willingness to develop and learn
- Excellent team spirit and work ethic
- Good Mechanical Engineering understanding and appreciation towards manufacturing practices
- General good housekeeping ethic & abide to Health & Safety policies
Salary will be dependent upon previous experience.
Opportunities for career progression within the department and the wider business are possible.
In return we offer a great place to work with great benefits including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 4-weekly pay (13 pay days per year)
- Free on-site parking
- Pension contribution
- Free on-site Gym
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave