Ginetta is an exciting and dynamic company that has grown to become one of the most significant players on the global motorsport scene.
Based in Leeds, Ginetta has been building British road and race cars since 1958. In 2005, the company was purchased by LNT Group, which consists of Construction, Chemicals, Automotive and Software companies, under the guidance of Chairman and founder Lawrence Tomlinson.
Since then, ‘The British Motorsport Company’ has enjoyed rapid expansion; scaling up production to support global exports, running multiple successful domestic championships and expanding its offering with supporting brands including Want2race, Blyton Park and Sim Track.
We are looking to recruit an experienced GRP finisher to join our growing composites team. Although predominantly team based, you must also have the ability to work on your own with the flexibility to meet deadlines.
A good background in GRP finishing is essential. Any experience/competencies in aspects of paint preparation or Bodyshop work will also be considered.
As a Ginetta GRP finisher, you will be working as part of a team to produce the bodywork for a large number of production road and race cars, supporting the manufacturing plant.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Ability to work through sanding grades to achieve a flawless finish
- Be able to identify scratches, pin holes, mould defects, cavities and other imperfections on bodywork
- Ability to complete high quality gelcoat repairs in a quick and efficient manner
- Fill, sand and polish minor mould repairs + maintain mould quality
- Ability to work unsupervised on both moulds and products
- Excellent team spirit and work ethic
- Willingness to develop and learn
- Engineering understanding
- Attention to detail
- General good housekeeping ethic & abide to Health & Safety policies
Salary will be dependent upon previous experience.
In return we offer a great place to work with great benefits including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 4-weekly pay (13 pay days per year)
- Free on-site parking
- Pension contribution
- Free on-site Gym
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Opportunities for career progression within the department and the wider business are possible