One teenager is set to enjoy a fully funded season in the 2015 Ginetta Junior Championship worth £60,000, after the Yorkshire marque confirmed their annual Ginetta Junior Scholarship will take place at Bedford Autodrome on Monday 27th – Wednesday 29th October.
Arguably the biggest prize in UK motorsport, the Ginetta Junior Scholarship attracts some of the UK’s top karters looking to make the transition to sports car racing. With an increased capacity for this year, the competition can take up to 80 entrants across the three day event.
To be eligible, entrants’ date of birth must be between 01.01.1999 and 21.03.2001 and they must not have previously competed in a circuit race, however, drivers with karting experience are actively encouraged.Click here to download the entry form for 2015.
The Ginetta Junior Scholarship
- Drivers must have been born between 01.01.1999 and 21.03.2001 in order to be eligible.
- Championship Entry Fee
- Qualification will take place on 27 & 28 October and each entrant will attend one of the two
- The Final will take place on 29 October
- Entry into the scholarship is £349 per driver
- Race experience is not essential
- Entrants must not have previously competed in a sports car race
The prize includes:
- The use of a Ginetta G40 Junior Race Car
- Championship entry fee
- Championship race suit
- All official Championship tests
- A team to run the car
- Season supply of race tyres
- Season supply of race fuel
- Test and race day insurance